Wednesday 6 August 2008

The month after the month before.....

So here i was five years down the road crying into my already soaked pillow case for the fourth time that day. Thinking how he could do this to me....how could he just leave after all our plans? But now I realise that as much as I wanted to believe, in my heart, that they were 'our' plans, they never meant anything to him. He had led me down 'fantasy lane' only to make a quick exit through Players Avenue. Yeah, I know I’m not the first girl to get dumped and definitely not the last!!! But it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with.

We had met a few years earlier through a mutual family friend. He was so nice. It wasn’t love at first sight or anything cheesy like that. No, it was something in his voice that held me steady. I really can’t describe it in words. Maybe it was the way he closed his eyes when he laughed or the way he called my name and smiled. Goodness!!! What ever it was, he had my attention from the very first moment I met him and he kept if for the next five years. And as the years went by I fell in love. Not with his physical attributes (although that did play a role), but with the man inside. I loved his name, his passion, his strength both mental and physical and his spirit. He made me happy, not because he bought me things but because he gave me things money couldn’t buy…….contentment. You see when I met Dele, he had nothing. In fact I could have paid his salary from the pocket money my father gave me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that to demean him in anyway. No, I am simply describing what his financial position was in previous years. Because now Dele is very much his own man, he owns his own business, lives in Lekki and is doing very well. All down to his drive and ambition and off course Gods blessings.

Anyway, as the years went on I moved to London to complete my studies while Dele remained in Nigeria. But we continued our relationship regardless of distance. We called each other everyday, sometimes twice or thrice a day. But most importantly we continued to make plans, plans for me to move back home and get a job, plans to get a house, plans to get married, have children and live happily ever after!!! LOL. But these plans soon evaporated. At first it was the suspicious emails he would get from girls saying they loved him. Then they were the long periods of silence and then the ultimate dagger……His father. Apparently, his family did not approve of my family or tribe. I only wish they had mentioned this during the first year of our relationship instead of waiting till half a decade had flown by taking most of my 20ies with it.. This would have made things bit easier!!!!

But what made things even worse was Dele’s preferred method of breaking up. He just stopped calling me. No calls, no emails, no texts. Nothing, zilch, nada, zero…nothing!!! That was hat hurt the most. The fact that he could tell me the week before that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and then suddenly stop. Was it all lies, had I been building castles in the sky all these years or did he really just stop loving me….was I that easy to forget? (Big sigh)…….
So after this extremely long blog……my question is this…..were does a the hunter girl go from here?

7 comments:

Oropo said...

Nice blog by the way....

So is life, better now than later. Good that you found out now than after marrying him.
Don't worry this hurt will pass and there will be brighter days.

It's his loss, nothing do you.

Hunter girl said...

Thanks oropo...its my first blog...so i'm happy u enjoyed reading it.....thanks for the advice too....i agree his loss!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hunter girl, love sucks! I was in love with some1 4 so many yrs n that just ended a while back too. Its crazy cuz once u love some1 that deeply, its hard to open ur heart to some1 else. Keep ur head up. If God took him away, there must have been a reason.
I hope he marries his father..

Godisalive said...

I feel u and feel for u also. I can imagine how you feel cuz i too have been with my bf for 5yrs and things are not perfect so can imagine how it would be.

But God never fails and he has a reason for everything is what I believe. The devil tries to make you think otherwise but please keep on going. God knows why he pulled u out of the relationship now, from what i've read ur still young...

what if u had married and he started all his crap, please glorify God ooh. IT IS WELL.

I know things sometimes you go through things in life that just are unexplainable. I had a terrible experience @ work and felt so useless and down cuz things were really BAD. I have now got a fantastic job something ive been looking for a long time, but the devil keeps putting things in my head that I'll flop.

But because I have a FAB GOD & Heavenly FATHER, I am rest assured that it is well.

Gosh this is soooo long but please hun, just read positive messages in the bible of Gods promises to U as his CHILD and keep strong.

HUSBAND will come.
GOOD HEALTH will come.

In Jesus name. AMEN x

Hunter girl said...

@Godisalive...thanks so much for dropping by and for your kind words....

Chari said...

Gawdddd!!!!!!!

How can people be so callous?

How??!!!

SMSL said...

Don't sweat it, i guess we all have to go thru this process b4 we find the one. Nice blog.