Saturday 9 August 2008

Comedian Bernie Mac dies at 50......


OK, i know this is my second blog of the day but this is serious....
Bernie Mac "Actor/comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complications due to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital," his publicist, Danica Smith, said in a statement from Los Angeles."

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized and treated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to the disease.

Mac was born Bernard Jeffrey McCullough on Oct. 5, 1957, in Chicago. He grew up on the city's South Side, living with his mother and grandparents. His grandfather was the deacon of a Baptist church.

He worked his way to Hollywood success from an impoverished upbringing on Chicago's South Side. He began doing standup as a child, and his film career started with a small role as a club doorman in the Damon Wayans comedy "Mo' Money" in 1992. In 1996, he appeared in the Spike Lee drama "Get on the Bus."

He also appeared in hollywood blockbuster Oceans eleven, Guess who, Bad Santa, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and Transformers not to mention his highly sucessful comedy show the Bernie Mac show.

Adieu Bernie. RIP.....May God grant his family, peace and grace to bear this loss.

6 comments:

badderchic said...

First time here

so very painful, I really liked him. why is it always the good guys?

Hunter girl said...

Welcome....
Yeah, real sad stuff...he seemed like such a funny and cool guy...only God knows...

Tears said...

posted same thing now, i some how just grew like him.... :(

thnx for coming by...

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I was gonna blog on this yesterday...so glad you did.
It broke my heart when I saw he died.
Throughout my freshmen and sophomore year, I watched his show every night. It was my diversion from the stress around me.
What I loved so much about him was how he moved past his pain, to bring so many laughter.
He will be missed. His "CMON AMERICA. YOU KNOW I WANNA KILL THOSE KIDS" will be missed.
Heaven just got funnier...

PS: Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Your de-stresser was tooo funny. sshhhhhh I actually do that too!

Buttercup said...

so freakin sad....still so hard to believe...RIP Bernie Mac...

badderchic said...

prt 4.